Status quo of the transposition of the EU-Whistleblowing-Directive in CEE with a special focus on Slovakia and Austria
The ECEC Breakout Session - Austria & Slovakia will take place on 11 October from 15:00 to 16:00. Partner Martin Eckel and Tomáš Grell will update you on the Status quo of the transposition of the EU-Whistleblowing-Directive in CEE with a special focus on Austria and Slovakia, concerning following questions:
- How far has the transposition process of the Directive progressed in CEE and are there points that especially Austria and Slovakia can learn from each other?
- Slovakia: Is there a need to adapt the existing legal provisions in order to implement the Directive "in conformity"?
- Austria: when can the final law be expected?
- Extended scope of national laws or merely implementation of minimum requirements?
- Anonymity, reporting within the group - how are these practice-relevant issues dealt with by the legislators?
- Whistleblowing authority: independency necessary?
- Conclusion and outlook