Join us at the Taylor Wessing Pharma forum for a day of insights, discussion and inspiration from European leaders in pharma law. A one-day virtual conference, the Pharma forum will showcase the legal issues that matter to the pharmaceuticals and biologics industries.
It has been an extraordinary 18 months, in which these sectors have rarely left the headlines. Against this backdrop, our specialists in intellectual property, data privacy, regulatory and product safety law from the UK and EU will round up the key legal issues and developments of the moment.
Special guests George Moore (Viatris) and Sir Robin Jacob will also be on hand to offer their views on the direction in which the pharma industries are going and the legal issues that they think will be faced.
Please register to confirm your place.
- 9.10 - Opening remarks from Alison Dennis
- 9.15 - SPCs and data exclusivity: the Northern Ireland Protocol makes an impact with Matthew Royle, Amanda Ebbutt
- 10.00 - Break
- 10.15 - Moving goalposts? Scoring a preliminary injunctions in the UK and EU with Matthew Royle, Christoph de Coster, Judith Krens, Christian Dekoninck
- 11.00 - Fireside chat with George Moore from Viatris interviewed by Simon Cohen
- 11.30 - Morning break
- 12.00 - Breakouts
Room A: Reflections on the Regeneron v Kymab mouse case with Adrian Toutoungi | Enforcement of precision medicine patents – UK challenges ahead with Paul England | Developments in clinical trials regulation with Wolfgang Rehmann and Evelyne Friedel
Room B: AI enabled drug discovery collaborations with Colin McCall | Compulsory licensing in Germany – corona crisis and beyond with Anja Lunze | How to arbitrate a life sciences contract dispute with Chris Thornham and Laurence Lieberman
- 13.00 - Lunch
- 14.15 - GDPR and AI update: The latest twists and turns navigating data transfers restrictions, introducing the new AI Regulation proposals, Cybersecurity risks, personal data ethics and diversity with Vin Bange and Sally Annereau
- 15.05 - Trade marks, border enforcement and exhaustion, after Brexit with Roland Mallinson and Louise Popple
- 15.50 - Afternoon break
- 16.20 - Breakouts
Room A: Key points on medical devices for pharma – MDR and Brexit with Alison Dennis, Tasmina Goraya | Managing a product safety incident with Katie Chandler
Room B: Tax developments affecting life sciences businesses with Graham Samuel-Gibbon | Competition update: the Commission continues scrutiny of life sciences companies with Louisa Penny
- 17.00 - Fireside chat with Sir Robin Jacob interviewed by Simon Cohen
- 17.30 - Close and networking