Acting sustainably, together
Our climate is in crisis. We must act now to cut greenhouse gas emissions and remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
We commit to becoming carbon neutral in our operations before the end of 2023. That means reducing our emissions and offsetting those we can’t reduce.
Being carbon neutral is a good start, but it’s not enough. Our goal is to become net zero by 2030. We will advocate for the use of technology to accelerate decarbonisation.
Find out more about our sustainability strategy
ISO 14001 and 50001 certified
We were the second law firm in the UK to become BSI certified in ISO14001 – an International Standard in Environmental Management. We also hold ISO 50001 for our Energy Management System. These standards ensure we measure, monitor and reduce our energy consumption and environmental impact.
Read our Environmental Policy Statements
Here are some of our other achievements
- We work with our landlords and fellow tenants to ensure any waste produced is disposed of responsibly.
- We’ve improved all waste recycling and ditched plastic; there are no plastic cups or cutlery in our restaurant and we use compostable vegware containers.
- Spare furniture and technology is recycled by donating to schools and community partners.
- We save energy wherever we can. For example, we reduced perimeter lighting by 50% and air conditioning by 2% and we're continuing to reduce our consumption.
- We are founding members of the Legal Sustainability Alliance, the leading sustainability network for law firms and the legal sector, enabling members to address the climate emergency and transition to Net Zero.
- We support the Legal Renewables Initiative - a public commitment by law firms to switch to 100% renewable energy by 2025.
- We are part of the Net Zero Lawyers Alliance, recognising the urgent need to accelerate the transition towards global net zero emissions and for commercial law firms and lawyers to play our part to achieve the goals of the 2015 Paris Agreement.