The past three months have been a whirlwind of change and upset for the real estate sector (read our insights here). We'd like to talk to you about what’s next for landlords and tenants, and how coronavirus will continue to impact on relationships in commercial property.
We'll discuss some of the key findings from our report, alongside:
- Do the current government measures to protect tenants go far enough in the hardest hit sectors? Or too far from the perspective of landlords in the better performing sectors?
- What can landlords still do to enforce non-payment of rent and other breaches?
- What restructuring options are available to tenants to reduce costs?
- Beyond non-payment of rent, what other disputes do we think are likely as a result of the prolonged lockdown? What are the reputational risks to each of the parties and how can you engage with the media to protect your reputation?
- And to end on a positive, what opportunities has the pandemic uncovered and could it pave the way for a more widespread take up of (for example) ESG provisions in leases?