Becoming sustainable, together
Our planet's resources are limited and it’s vital we all find ways to make our businesses more sustainable.
As the second law firm in the UK to become BSI certified in ISO14001 – an International Standard in Environmental Management – we hold ourselves to high standards.
We work closely with our people, suppliers and providers to manage and reduce our impact on the environment.
How we’re becoming more sustainable
- Working with our landlords and our fellow tenants in London we’re very proud to work together in ensuring that all waste we produce is disposed of responsibly with nothing going to landfill
- We’ve ditched plastic; there are no plastic cups or cutlery in our restaurant and we use vegware containers, which can be composted
- We recycled office furniture and waste bins by donating them to The Woodside Primary Academy in Thurrock and to primary schools across London
- We’re saving energy wherever we can. For example, we reduced perimeter lighting by 50% and reduced air conditioning by 2%
- We are founding members of the Legal Sustainability Alliance, whose aim is to enable members of the Legal Sector and their clients to work together to influence the climate change agenda
- We have joined the Legal Renewables Initiative - a public commitment by law firms to switch to 100% renewable energy by 2025. This bold target is 25 years ahead of the government's legally binding net-zero target
Working to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001
Along with being awarded ISO14001 for Environmental Management, we’re BSI certified for the Energy Management System, ISO 50001. This standard ensures that we measure, monitor and reduce our energy consumption.
We’re constantly striving to lessen our impact on the environment by, amongst other things:
- Improving all areas of waste recycling
- Achieving increased hybrid car use
- Reducing air conditioning energy consumption
- Reducing overall energy use from office lighting, equipment and catering